fog at robert moses

please click on photo to see greater fog detail.

it was a perfect beach day last saturday when we left our neighborhood, or so we thought. once we got to the beach we discovered it was covered with a blanket of fog. unfortunately this made it difficult to go in the ocean since we could not see much past the foamy part of the water. it really didn't matter though, it was still fun to sit and relax by the ocean. we also found out this last weekend was the one hundred year celebration of robert moses state park!

"the beach is a place where a man can feel he's the only soul in the world that's real."~pete townshend

Comments

MmeBenaut said…
That looks so eerie. We never have fog at the beach so this is a first for me to see. Was the water warm?
dianasfaria.com said…
The water was pretty cold, but then we got used to it after awhile. We couldn't really go in past our knees. This is the first time I have ever seen the beach like this. I am glad I put sunscreen on because I got color from being there and we were only there a short time-and I used #55 sunblock!
Thanks for stopping by mm.
; )
I would like you have a flickr.com account to add this photo in my preferred for ever. I *love* it.
Anonymous said…
What a great day and a great shot! It was so much fun sitting and watching and thinking of horror stories that could pop out of the fog!
dianasfaria.com said…
Fabrizio I am flattered that you like this photo. I will get my flicr account organized asap!

Quasi-It was a great day that I will always remember, the perfect beach day despite the fog because we had such good company! & Two great photographers liking my picture, I am doubly flattered!
Petrea Burchard said…
This is a classic photo, and so evocative. It has moments of memory in it, and discovery and the mystery of childhood. I love the fog, the boys, the water and the foam. You chose well not to center on the boys but to let them be at the side of the frame. I think that works especially well. Fabrizio has very good taste!
yournotalone said…
Heh, it looks mysterious indeed, quite a contrast to what I am used to to see at a see shore:)

Popular Posts